Wednesday, March 11, 2009

my favorite things - 27.

for a thing at my mom's church. [ explanation to follow ]
Left to Right: Cheese shapes [ tulip, bear, bunny, bird ], fruit by the foot, craisins, mint herb tea, clementine tangerine, oreos, 3 musketeers mint, more cheese shapes [ heart, bunny, star ]
Not pictured: tube of blue glitter I placed in the box after I shot this photo.

Okay, so my parents are Latter-Day Saints [ LDS, Mormon, whatever you'd like to call them ]. And the ladies have their own group called Relief Society [ I have NO idea why it's called that, but just go along, kay? ], and they had a birthday of sorts. They have a dinner [ this time it was various salads - regular lettuce kind, pasta, fruit ], and you bring a gift. And this year's theme was "my favorite things". So for the gift you have to bring your favorite things [ and less than $10, of course, but I think I might have spent more than that, but ah, what the hell ] and wrap them up.

So of COURSE I decide to do bento, since it's SO much fun (: It didn't help that I decided to go last minute [ like, 5pm that night, and the dinner started at 6.30pm ]. But, mom and I ran down to Wal-Mart and luckily found those lock-and-lock boxes that most people on bentolunch rave about. I also found a 3-set that I can use for Dad's lunches that have a smaller square and round one with a sandwich-size box.

So I get home at like, 6.25 and run in the house to throw my box together. I wanted to put things in that if they kinda weren't refridgerated, it wouldn't be too big of a deal. I mean, I think the cheese could hold up pretty well, since it normally does in stuff like sandwiches and the like. So I figured ah, what the hell.

I also got a purple stuffed lamb to put in with it. It was SO adorable. Luckily they had another one [ bought at Dollar Tree ] and Mom bought it for me, since it was so cute (:

No comments:

Post a Comment