Tuesday, March 24, 2009

39 - 40 - 41 [3 BENTOS TODAY!]

mine!
Top tier: Smashed hard boiled egg w/ butter + salt + pepper [microwaved], mini brown sugar cinnamon bagel w/ cream cheese
Bottom tier: Impromptu rice pudding!

So I woke up around 11am this morning [i'm a college student, can't you tell? going to bed at almost 3am and waking up around 11am] and I came downstairs and opened the covered pot on the stove and discovered rice. I ask my mom, "Is this sticky rice?" and she just smiles. And so I decided to make a breakfast bento, since I'm not in school for the week, and I just felt like it!

mine, again!
Left tier [sidecar]: cheesy bacon egg scramble
right tier [sealable box]: chocolate chip banana pancakes, chunky peanut butter in the silicon cup.

So I wanted to make breakfast for dinner. And I did, because i'm allowed to, and I was really craving eggs and pancakes. So I got a bit creative. I threw some chocolate chips in the batter, and then sliced some banana and placed that on top as soon as I got the batter down on the griddle. Then I flipped them and let them cook until done on the other side. I made 6 total and ate the other two with just straight butter. I honestly think that was better than the peanut butter.

Then after I got the pancakes made, I threw a couple eggs in a bowl with some cream and salt, mixed those until scrambled with a fork, sprinkled a bit of bacon bits and shredded cheese into the raw egg mixture. I then threw that into the pan for it to get nice and scramble-y [is that even a word?] and then let some sliced cheddar melt on top of it after I thought that it was done enough [I absolutely HATE runny eggs, which is why I will not eat sunny-side up eggs, over easy only or scrambled please]. I then just decided to throw them into my box instead of putting them on a plate. And I put some peanut butter into the divider cup there (:

for my papa.
Top box [left to right]:taco meat, refried beans, spanish rice, shredded iceberg lettuce, diced grape tomatoes, chocolate chips, banana walnut muffin
Outside box+Lock&lock: flour tortillas, orange segments, shredded cheese, medium salsa, sour cream

I was going to make some enchiladas for my dad, but since we didn't have any leftover shredded pork [country style ribs] or beef [pot roast], I just decided to do a make your own taco box. I think he'll quite enjoy it.

Man, I can't believe I made 3 bentos today. Just, wow. I mean, the second one wasn't THAT hard, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment